Discussion in 'Werewolf: The forum game' started by Optimistichornet, Jun 24, 2022.
Just caught up now my days works done.
I understand where you're coming from, and of course I would say this, but by association with Harrow Orn and Otter's Day 1 comments, i'm a little confused by the rationale if you're content to think Harrow is good?
If that was how I were going to name my candidates for tonight's vote, I would be putting a few others on the list ahead of me, but that's just my two cents worth.
For what it's worth, I agree with the rest of your assessment with what we have to go on at this point in time. (With A Smile).
Where I'm at so far.
1. AshdonWFC – From memory he is an experienced player who has won the game before as a wolf. Seemed to be asking some fairly basic questions which I’d expect him to understand, which seems to be a more-evil tactic to post messages and not appear to be hiding, without giving definitive statements
Post 224 on day 1, (confirmed evil) Otter says to him: I'm with you on this however usually day 1 ends with no finger pointing, this day 1 has led to multiple finger pointings!
If Otter was the traitor, this is highly suspicious
2. Harrow Orn – Confirmed evil (Otter) sent a message to him which made it sound like he was trying to communicate with him. Only works if Otter was the traitor.
Also this convo with Ashdon is suspicious if Ashdon is evil:
* Funnily enough, Happy had a convo with Ashdon on day 1 where she called him Sus.
3. Domthehornet – Keeps saying unconfirmed things as true, and then shifting their opinion when challenged. Don't like the apparent intention to distract early on day 3, as this is a day evil players tend to be a bit more active.
4. WfcSinatra – Quieter than usual. I didn’t like post 180 yesterday, and felt it could be trying to set up Harrow for the next day “I'm going CB, not much between him and Harrow but he's named Evil, and this way we can act accordingly tomorrow depending on the result.” Also re-flagged something which could compromise team good.
5. Skyla Rose – weird poem yesterday that could have been a message to other evils (although I can’t find any message in it). Basically has done nothing else of note all game.
6. Tonycotonstache – A newbie, but has done very little of note. Could be explained by being clueless, but flagged something rather difficult to find which could potentially compromise a good player. Said something about having people on ignore and only noticing it, when I’m pretty sure it tells you in a thread when people have posted who you have on ignore.
If Skyla is evil, this could also potentially be a message:
Slightly suspicious - to keep a watch on if still alive day 5
8. Diamond – Quieter than usual. Rarely makes it this far, as he’s a very good and experienced player, so wolves tend to take him out early.
9. Wfcmoog – normally much more aggressive in his game play. People normally take him out early as like Diamond, he is an experienced player. Making some sensible suggestions and some I’m unsure about, but one to keep an eye on: if he’s alive day 4 or 5 and trying to misdirect.
10. BigRossLittleRoss – Otter (confirmed evil) jumped on BRLR when he had 3 votes, i.e. trying to get someone over the line. If Otter was the traitor, BRLR is definitely good. If Otter was the wolf (which I suspect), I’d say there is still uncertainty. Has only given 2 posts on day 2 and 3 combined so far.
11. EB Hornet – much more quiet on day 2 (2 posts the whole day), after being suspected day 1. More active again today. Elipsis theory hasn’t fully gone away. Don’t think Moog and him would both be evil.
Not enough info
12. Wfcwarehouse – Unsure, but posts have been relatively sensible so far and pointing a few fingers
13. TomWatfordFC – Newbie. Some weird nothingy lines. One to watch if he becomes more active.
14. WatfordTalk – Has done basically nothing. Almost too suspiciously quiet to be an evil. If suddenly starts to play more aggressively and influence others, I’d say a likely wolf. But as it stands, I’d say more likely picked out at random by a wolf and good.
15. With A Smile – Made some sensible suggestions and pointed fingers. Not wolf like.
15. miked2006 – Up to you to decide, but I know I'm good
16. Steve Leo Beleck – Pushing team good forward with lots of sensible suggestions. As close to good as possible I’d say (unless he survives late into the game)
17. Burnsy – Seems good if our thinking around the current wolf order is proved correct (i.e. the wolf styles converge to the pirate style)
18. Cthulhu – Confirmed good
Just to clarify my activity;
Day 1 - wanted to be involved, wasn't much to go on and so just happy to be in the game
Day 2 - not fully knowing what to look for I was just reading through everything others were saying and trying to take it all in
Day 3 - thought I should actually try and find some clues and so have posted 2 things that are possible leads (albeit probably not massive ones)
Yeah I'm a little quieter than usual today but it's my wedding anniversary so I'm doing this when Mrs Diamond isn't looking. To be fair I'm delighted to have posted as much as I have.
Will be home at 4 so will give my opinion then for what it's worth.
Day 1 woo this is cool
Day 2 wow this is confusing
Day 3 stuff it I'll have a go at guesswork.
Classic rookie impatience I'm afraid on my part
Surely more evidence that Harrow, despite Otter's reply to him is good?
Suspicion fell on him but he's basically 95% vindicated if we look at the odds of the other message being from a seer viewing a tinker.
Yeah agreed. This was a none too subtle message to the Seer that if the incredibly unlikely had happened (they'd be the only one to know for certain) to view Harrow tomorrow.
Comprehensive list - I like it. I will have a look at the days thread after work to see if I can spot anything. I'm glad we are all on the same page as to which messages are from the seer. We seem to know a few people who are good, but that doesn't help us with lynching!
Oops, good point. Harrow should move much further down the list.
If CB was the tinker, then the seer will continue using the same style as will the wolf, and we'll learn a lot more later on. I imagine one will change sooner rather than later.
If Ashdon is evil and the styles haven't changed later in the game, then Harrow could also be evil.
My summary from being what I can recall without forensic analysis :
Domthehornet - On my suspect list - posting nonsense and trying to dissemble
Cthulhu - Confirmed good unless I've missed something
WfcSinatra - Suspect list, same as Dom - Sinatra has played before but is playing ignorant a lot and seemingly trying to confuse
wfcwarehouse - Suspect list - doesn't post much of any note - just keeping post count up
miked2006 - No real opinion of him yet
Diamond - no real opinion yet
BigRossLittleRoss - probably good
wfcmoog - good
Steve Leo Beleck - probably good
AshdonWFC - Suspect list - for posting and anecdotal evidence of interaction with Otter.
TomWatfordFC - Don't even remember him being in the game? Throw him on Suspect list just for that.
WatfordTalk - Suspect list for inactivity though being named by the probable wolf would be a risky move on their part
Skyla Rose - Suspect list for just being a weird player
Harrow Orn - Confirmed good IMO
EB Hornet - Not sure
tonycotonstache - Not sure
Burnsy - Confirmed good IMO
With A Smile - probably good.
I'll potentially have to vote quite early this evening, currently leaning towards Dom based on some more experienced player's theories, and a lack of other decent options
I think the majority of us think that the pirate theme is the seer
If it isn't then surely the seer would have mentioned this in some way in their message yesterday or today. Both days they have posed 2nd so have had plenty of opportunity.
As i said earlier, I found it really strange that if the wolf did post the 2nd message why they wouldn't have changed their style to match the pirate format. It would have caused even more confusion.
Nice way to try and lead voting from a largely inactive player in the game.
I'm trying to keep updated and post as much as I can while working. I don't really have any solid theories as to who the wolfs are at the moment, apart from I think Ashdon and Skyla's posts have been suspicious. I also think Tom and BRLR's silence is worth considering.
It's pretty clear to me that Harrow and SLB are good and I'd add Diamond to that list at the moment, purely because he's not said anything remotely contentious.
Is it? Open to your theories, if they're any more convincing
Unless I have missed something we have nothing but suspicion tonight.
I’d prefer to vote for a quieter player pasting non-comital stuff rather than any other random theory.
I still think we have a basic fairly inexperienced alpha but that’s conjecture
Tom or EB for me
There is nothing to go on this game at all. Both style of message has yet to be clearly clarified as who they are, we know of only one evil player in Otter (whose role is unspecified) who was killed by a wolf and we know Cthulhu is good.
I understand Mike being suspicious of me as I assumed there was only three wolves and a traitor, the fact is we don't know if Opti has scaled it up or not.
What I think is that we are up against an experienced alpha wolf who possibly knows the identity of another wolf. This is from the larger comment in the write up.
I'll be honest, there are too many players and too few facts known by team good for any kind of considered vote. It's only by voting early that we'll start to flush something out.
I'm dead anyway tonight so might as well shake the tree. Voting for Dom.
I understand, it'll be worth watching the players who leap on to this. I know I'm good but if it helps lure some evil players out, so be it.
@wfcmoog As you’ve named me a couple times, I will say most my confusion is because I’m not totally sure what roles are active in this particular game, even down to the number of wolves which I’m pretty sure is a first for a game I’ve taken part in. No shade towards Opti, it’s certainly made things interesting but that’s where my confusion is stemming from.
This is a classic long winded post of nothingness. You said nothing at all in that, an absolute wolf style right there.
These are the types of post that ring alarm bells.
So to vote for anyone named so far would be silly. We need to agree on who's posting nothing and hasn't been named yet in a message. We literally have nothing else to go on until our pirate writing Seer gets a hit.
Skyla has randomly voted for SLB. Would you be able to explain your logic please @SkylaRose ? Seems a confusing vote to me.
I have no idea who is evil, I know a lot of experienced quieter players such as Ashdon are just ticking along. The fact that we are still struggling to figure out which message is the seer or not suggests that the alpha is an experienced player. I think that's the route we would have to start considering.
I have 2 major suspects right now, you and TonyCoton.
Ironically I am also of the opinion that we should vote for someone less active tonight. Reading through the thread there is very little to go on - no marginally unexpected team ups or disagreements. Our pirate friend is almost certainly the seer. Would like to dig deeper on the Norway, Nigeria, Senegal link if possible. Someone MIA is going to be our best bet tonight.
Are we struggling to figure out which message is which? There seems to be a strong general consensus.
Sorry guys, work hectic today and have a lot to do before I can log off. But I don't think I find Dom suspicious, nor diamond so that argument is a bit meh to me.
I have concerns over EB Hornet. I haven't read much today so he may be a little more active but he just seems to be plodding along adding little to no substance.
I'll try and have a proper read once I've finished with work before laying any vote down.
Is it tactical? Maybe, maybe not. It's a game of chess - and the ones who people view a threat (or could be a wolf in this case) need to be singled out. I can explain my reasoning. Knowledge, experience, stamina. Playing the game well... waiting for his moment to "pounce"? It could be a bluff and he's just very cool at his persona. Which I applaud - not easy to do. I know as the good guys we have to choose one to be lynched, and if SLB is Good - then I am wrong in my assumption - but it is just that - an assumption. Chances are I am completely wrong and weeding out the wolves will take a bit of time. But it's all about the process of elimination.
Actually to be fair this could be said about a fair few.
Thanks Dom. Not sure where that shade is coming from, but i've posted a sum total of seven times already today, not including this one, and most have been trying to make sense of where the game is at from what little we can deduce from the information gained across the last three days.
I've said multiple times that whilst we can't be certain, the odds are that the pirate themed messages are those of the Seer's.
The only way in which I think they can't be is if the other messaging candidate stumbled upon the Tinker yesterday when viewing CB randomly.