Discussion in 'General Football & Other Sport' started by Optimistichornet, Aug 14, 2010.
Anyone watching AEW All Out this Saturday?
I'm convinced CM Punk is debuting.
What makes you so convinced?
Will be good to watch some wrestling after Loma V Campbell
Far too many coincidences.
- The fact he's working Starrcast, a wrestling convention heavily linked with (and rumoured to be partly funded by) AEW, in Chicago, the day of All Out.
- I don't think Starrcast would have got Punk involved without AEW's blessing, and I don't think AEW would have given their blessing unless Punk was signed. It's created too much expectation and that would create too much disappointment if he's not at All Out.
- Lots of little hints and back and forths on Twitter and Instagram from Punk, The Elite and others.
- Punk going out of his way, 5 years removed from wrestling, to suddenly and randomly do what was basically a big, drawn out "I'm totally not ever coming back to wrestling" type interview with ESPN.
- Tony Khan openly admitting he had Punk on his original wishlist for his roster, and they're also friends in real life.
- Even all these things aside, money talks, and Khan and AEW have a huge amount to throw at Punk. It'd also stick it to WWE, which Punk would love.
No smoke without fire.
The only way I'd tune in to be honest.
I think it's more than worth it regardless. Bucks vs Lucha Bros ladder match and PAC vs Omega should be unreal, and seeing the first AEW World Champion crowned will be cool.
The promos and the way AEW are building feuds is just so, so good as well, and this is before TV has even started. They're building feuds better on YouTube than WWE is from 5 hours of TV.
Tony Schiavone signed now as well. So they have arguably the two most legendary commentators in wrestling history on the books.
Don't get the hype around CM Grump. Out of shape and phoning it in for a couple of years, bad mouthed a lot of other wrestlers and was treated better than most.
Loved Punk in WWE. Would defo tune in for that.
Have you seen anything of AEW so far?
NXT UK Takeover Cardiff was excellent apart for the ladies championship match which seemed half arsed. I think they were peed off they only got 10 mins.
Seen the two buy ins but the cards just looked like matches of wrestlers I'd lost interest in. Hopefully I can get a bit invested should the weekly show turn up on ITV.
Really? Most of it is world class talent that hadn't had much exposure in the west before now. Omega, The Young Bucks, Lucha Bros, Hangman Page etc.
MJF will be the best heel in the industry within the next year as well.
Seen plenty of Lucha bros, prefer aerostar myself. Young bucks a bit meh. Jericho is past it.
As for the ladies, Allie was better as Cherry bomb, Laurel Van Ness was never a fan of. Martinez never really pulled up any trees in the matches I saw bugtgot massive crowd reaction. Do like Leva Bates though.
I am a fan of Dustin Rhodes, seen him live as Goldust and Black Reign. Enjoyed Cody's and Pac's work as well as Sean spears who was criminally under utilised once he graduated from NXT.
There wasn't enough on the card to get me to buy in. I did enjoy the pre show though and will watch a weekly if it hits ITV.
NXT is excellent but now Vince has his hands on it I'm worried.
I stumbled across MLW, which is free on YouTube and has Jim Cornette on colour commentary. And is only 1 hour long.
Better than WWE or AEW for what it is, but of course it isn't an apples to apples comparison as it is a much more modest offering.