Discussion in 'Yellow Pages' started by Cassetti's Beard, Jun 2, 2016.
This sounds like Moose or Clive in full on revolution mode.
Agree with this. I'm trying to learn to trade properly, but it's very difficult. I'm also stuck with a lot of coins which are at the bottom of their value, so it's hard to make any call to sell, even if I think they might go lower. It's too risky.
Like you, however, what little I've got locked up in Crypto right now, is staying put.
Some things I'm doing in the meantime, whilst I wait a year or so:
1. Staking - some of my coins are POS, so they are just sitting, accumulating. Although the value of the coins is down, the numbers are up, so if we hit a bull market, I've got more skin in the game.
2. Celcius Network - If you've not looked, they are paying 7% interest on Eth (about 5% on BTC). It's a solid model and pays a decent ROI, compared to standard investment instruments. Of course, you're staking crypto and earning in crypto, so if the crypto market continues to plummet, you're losing out.
3. Airdrops. When I go for a poo in the mornings, I sign up to one or 2 airdrops each day. Most of these are next to worthless, eg. the ICO value of the coins was $10 but once paid out and on exchanges, they're valued at $0.04 or something. It's a scattergun approach, but hopefully one of them will strike it lucky. Overall, I'm hoping to get 1 full eth of free shitcoins. If that comes off, that will be a nice freebie.
I sold all mine at £160 each in the end. Wish I'd sold in Jan last year, but at least didn't wait until now. Ah well, ended up way up overall. Half keep an eye on stuff still (and kept a couple of eth "just in case" everything moons again) but doubt i'll be investing for a while!
Realistically has the concept of Crypto Currency technology finally had it's day?
Potential problem is if BTC didn't really make it in the end, what chance has any other ICO?
I don't think so, it still has plenty of real-world uses that will help shape the future of the world. But for making some quick money out of, I'm skeptical that it will hit the heights of last year.
As I've said throughout - as with the DotCom bubble, there will be a host of Lycos and Ask Jeeves type failures and around them, some mighty oaks of Google and Amazon proportions will emerge.
Holochain has been on a fun ride this past couple of weeks, eh Reids? Are you still holding that?
I do still have my Holo but I don't really keep an eye on the price...oh **** almost 50% profit from when I bought. Maybe I was wrong about that quick buck!
when you crypto people talk about making money/50% etc, are you only thinking of crypto money or can you sell and take the profit in old fashioned £SD
You can cash out at anytime for £ in your bank account
What's up with bitcoin?
...but you can never leave ??
Anyone with a Coinbase account should be able to get $10 of free Stellar Lumen from their video quiz:
https://coinbase.com/earn/xlm/invite/dy62c8zt (referral link)
The answers to the quizzes following the videos as follows;
1. Stellar is a decentralised coin that unites currencies
2. Stellar lumens facilitating low cost universal payments
3. Fast, secure and global
4. To issue and exchange tokens quickly
5. It relies on the agreement of trusted nodes
$10 for about 4 min work
And it's still flying, up almost 40% in the last day alone!
Theres some trading guru on the HOT Facebook group who's constantly telling everyone the charts show it going down to 2 sats. He's been saying that for months though.
Of all the projects I bought into, this is the one I feel has the potential for mass adoption. It just seems to be properly thought out and being executed by people who aren't just in it for a 2 year ICO get rich quick scheme.
I've just received a really odd bit of spam from a mag I'm a subscriber of or as they put it:
The message appears to be: "...sell cryptocurrencies buy ganja..."
Thanks for the two of you who took me up on this. Hope you got your $10 worth of Stellar Lumen.
I got a referral bonus for you both.
This bullish market has to end soon though right? Right?
Thanks for the heads up, wouldn't have known about it otherwise! Ten bucks is ten bucks. Until the next bull run, when it will be more than ten bucks, or the next crash, when it will be less than ten bucks.
I suspect we'll see the market plummet again soon, which will likely see the real capitulation before the next real bull run. Too many people are optimistic right now for me to take it seriously.
I've been hoping Holochain would drop in value so I can scoop some up, but it's being stubborn as hell and I've seen the market cap rise from 60 to 200 million while waiting for it to drop. Ah well! Good for holders at least.
I sold 25% at 19 as I thought it would continue to dip and rise between 16-20 sats.
Its cooled a bit today but I've no idea where the buy in should be for a new investor.
This link has a good amount of TA and FA, as well as project summary for HOT.
There are similar campaigns for BAT, EOS and DAI available now. I just got 20 quid worth of free crypto from watching a few vids on each and answering questions. The most challenging part was Downloading a specific browser and pasting a verification code into it for $7 worth of BAT.
You should be able to access by scrolling down the page on the original link I sent.
Free crypto is free crypto