Discussion in 'The Hornets' Nest - Watford Chat' started by Optimistichornet, May 14, 2018.
If your lawn is moss then it's green and doesn't need mowing. What's the problem?
We're not down the pub though. But if you want to use that analogy, a group of people having a chat in a pub would soon get fed up of any contrary and aggressive members joining in to hijack the conversation, pick arguments over nothing and/or square up to each other. There is no point trying to reason, so they move on elsewhere. Which is what I will now do.
Feel free. Cheerio. There's no hijacking. It's just called conversation. Something you seem to be deficient at.
32-64 All of the above for a second time, posted in individual threads, by TVOR.
Tom Walley taught me the value of a good lawn. His was impeccable. Probably still is. I will try and get some pictures for those who will appreciate a work of the greenkeeper's art
Whilst I enjoy a good vegetable conversation my lawn knowledge is weak, don't we need Stevohorn on this??
Stevo is on this. In a dedicated thread. He's very helpful.
33. Try to fit new signings names that we cannot even pronounce into songs. Especially songs that don't quite fit and nobody knows the tune to.
We should only sign players whose names fit easily into Yellow by C O L D P L A Y imo.
See winter werewolf thread
34. Wibble on about old matches in Divs 3 & 4 and how lucky we are to be watching Watford in the top division at stellar places like St Mary's, Wembley, King Power Stadium, Goodison Park, Etihad instead of Spotland, Recreation Ground, St James' Park (the Exeter one), Plainmoor, Gigg Lane, Holker Street and the Victoria Ground.
I’ve only been to two of those. I feel so inadequate...
24. See above
This should be in the politics section
Definitely the best tactic during the spring/early summer. Wouldn’t recommend it in August/September.
Safe hands. You'll be the envy of the croquet season this year with a professional on the case.
What will the new shirt look like?
Should adults wear the shirt or go as casuals?
Why does the shop still have such a poor selection of merch?
Is the word merch acceptable?
Will people learn to say "should have" instead of "should of"
Are the Pozzos good or bad?
Should we relocate our stadium?
Just a few really important issues, and if we can change the badge and get rid of Z Cars as well then I'll be happy.
The whys and woes of why our poor season was down to the 1881 movement. or so says Garry the postman on twitter.
36. GDPR destroying the world on Friday
37. Will Brexit stop our South American players com ing in on a Spanish passport?
I wouldn't feel at all inadeuate if I were you. I've seen Watford lose at all those grounds except Holker Street and St James' - it was not pleasant.
38. Someone will explain the difference between: their, there and they're
39. Someone will explain the difference between:your and you're
40. Someone will explain the difference between: were and where
(Yes, in case you hadn't guessed, incorrect usage of all the above really really really irritates me!)
42. The "How many grounds have you been to?" thread, and do old grounds count or is it only current grounds?
You should use commas between all those "really's"
43 Decide which is the best garage to buy your petrol from during the transfer window.
You should of put of after your should.
Isn't "There, their, they're" how you comfort someone with grammar issues?
44. Then spend the rest of the window camped outside of it.
Why the apostrophe?
I like apostrophes, but not as much as I like exclamation marks!!!
Anybody that went to junior school in the early 80's will surely remember this............
I went to the Falkland islands in the early 80's mate.
Grammatically, it’s not roight but it does, in my view, look better.